he lowers his wand because he knows that scene. A woman jumps in front of Harry willing to protect him with her own life. He didn’t see this with his own eyes but the resemblance literally disarms him for a moment before he can keep on playing his role.
Go sit in the corner and think about what you’ve done.
Until the very end
September 1 in the Harry Potter world
- 1892: Albus Dumbledore and Elphias Doge meet on their first day at Hogwarts. Dumbledore was believed to be, by the rest of the students, a Muggle-hater, as his father had been arrested for attacking three young Muggles; Doge had a pock-marked face and a greenish hue that was left from contracting dragon pox shortly before arriving at school — they became friends as both felt like outsiders.
- 1938: Tom Riddle begins at Hogwarts and is sorted into Slytherin.
- 1971: Severus Snape, Lily Evans, James Potter, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew all begin at Hogwarts. On the way to Hogwarts for his first year, Severus sits with Lily on the train, where they meet James Potter and Sirius Black. This hostile first encounter sets the tone for the antagonism between them.
- 1991: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley are Sorted into Gryffindor. Dudley Dursley is in London having his tail removed that was created by magic.
- 1992: Harry Potter and Ron Weasley miss the Hogwarts Express and travel to the School with the Flying Ford Anglia. They crash onto the Whomping Willow.
- 1993: Dementors board the Hogwarts Express during the trip to Hogwarts. Remus Lupin drives them away from Harry Potter.
- 1994: During the early morning, Amos Diggory calls on Arthur Weasley to help Alastor Moody after a disturbance at his house. Bartemius Crouch Jr. (impersonating Moody), who has abducted Moody, claims he has been attacked by burglars.
- 1995: Sirius wants to see Harry Potter off to Hogwarts, but is spotted and recognized by Lucius Malfoy.
- 1996: The first meeting of the Slug Club takes place on the Hogwarts Express. Harry sneaks into Draco Malfoy’s compartment and gets a Full Body-Bind curse put on him. Nymphadora Tonks rescues him and Severus Snape takes him in to the Welcoming Feast.
- 1997: More Death Eaters appear outside 12 Grimmauld Place. The Daily Prophet announces that Severus Snape is made Headmaster of Hogwarts School. Harry, Ron, and Hermione decide to infiltrate the Ministry of Magic the next day. Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood return to Hogwarts to escape Snape and the Carrows.
- 2009: Teddy Lupin begins at Hogwarts.
- 2011 or 2012: Victoire Weasley begins at Hogwarts.
- 2013-2016: James Potter II begins at Hogwarts.
- 2017: Albus Potter, Rose Weasley, and Scorpius Malfoy begin at Hogwarts.
The stories we love do live in us forever. (July 7, 2011)
#’is it really that bad?’#ugly laughter #okay let’s talk about how #when he said that #he had nothing #nothing but a car and a burnt out house he’d never wanted to come back to #being a werewolf was it for him #having all that power and being able to control it #that was the icing on his shitty cake #and probably the only thing he liked about himself at the time #since his taste in women got his family killed #and his decision to keep that a secret got Laura killed #and he was standing there in the woods with this kid #who looks up at him and tells him that the only good thing he has left is a curse #no wonder he left Scott there to walk home #no wonder he chooses to bite people who are desperate and needy and vulnerable #and I actually really love the juxtaposition of that line with the look he gave Stiles in 2.4 #which is after Stiles calls the Kanima an abomination because it isn’t like werewolves #essentially drawing a line between ‘werewolf’ and ‘monster’ #and I think that distinction means a lot to Derek
“ The world had ended, so why had the battle not ceased, the castle fallen silent in horror, and every combatant laid down their arms? Harry’s mind was in free fall, spinning out of control, unable to grasp the impossibility, because Fred Weasley could not be dead, the evidence of all his senses must be lying. ”
“No story lives unless someone wants to listen.”
Today marks 15 years since the first publication of Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone
The thing about the incredible world of Harry Potter is that, it really will live with us forever. These books had such an impact on my life and obviously many others as well. All of them have been our friends while we grew up and they will grow up with our children as well because we will read them the stories so that the magic will never die