Tully’s get their strength from the water
from the makers of And There’s No Way To Casually Ask™
♔ Have you ever seen anyone being blood-eagled before? I’m told it is the worst, most painful death of all… but astonishing. Truly astonishing to those who watch.
Led Zeppelin backstage at the Royal Albert Hall - January 9, 1970
- People have stood in line in the rain for hours and don’t care. This is their chance to vote and they’re taking it.
- Checkpoints in Kabul city every 500 meters.
- Kandahar’s streets so empty that kids are playing cricket all over the city. What will they grow up to remember this day as?
- Kabul shopkeepers decided to keep their shops closed today.
- Taliban losing their shit and literally no one is taking them seriously; no one is even reporting on their nonsense.
- Elderly voting is moving me to tears.
- Prisoners allowed to vote.
- People showing up even without voter registration cards, with just their IDs and are asking to vote, and are denied.
- They’re running out of ballots in so many places with at least 3 hours left.
- Many have shared that this day feels like Eid. Music in the streets, people wearing their best clothes.
- Don’t know where people are getting this hope for but observers have said that they’ve never, in their entire life in Afghanistan, seen this many Afghans in line. Against the odds, against the threats, against it all, Afghans are coming out to vote and that courage is something else.
1000% of women agree.
Whoever wrote this is my new favorite person.